Friday 15 January 2010

Ok, sorry but this is super cool!

One of my dear blogging friends posted up an awesome entry about 'Typewriter Tip Tip Tip', a classic Bollywood song by Shankar Jaikishan. My parents will grin when I tell them. It's such a typical Bollywood  golden age song and the clip in the movie is brilliant! And major kudos to Florence Welch for playing it on her takeover. Brilliantly random! I forgot how much I love Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhonsle back in the day.

Check out the post here. The mention of 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' and 'Lagaan' makes me sigh for the rare genius that Bollywood does manage to extract, in amongst the nonsense that does fly out of there. It's like pining after the brilliants 2D age of Disney back in the 90s (Lion King, Beauty & The Beast etc) - 'The Princess and the Frog' is promising and I am utterly, ridiculously excited about in a 9 year old sort of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment